There are so many laptop models accessible, how can you know which one is appropriate for particular video editing demands, or what are the best laptops for video editing in 2023? We have compiled a list that features powerful processors, ample random-access memory, and high-resolution displays. These characteristics are critical when looking for the best laptop for video editing, but keep in mind that excellent performance does not acquire inexpensively.
Dealing with higher resolution requires a lot of processing power and space. The best laptops for video editing in 2023 tend to have larger than typical, with a huge, attractive display and ample memory. This should not be a difficulty for you if you function in a single location. If you’re always on the run, though, you may want to go for a smaller laptop. Just keep in mind that as the device’s body becomes compact, the performance, battery capacity, and view angles will all suffer. Read out our recommendations for the best laptop for video editing in this editorial.
LEAST AND SUGGESTED REQUIREMENTS FOR THE BEST LAPTOPS FOR VIDEO EDITING IN 2023
- Resolution; 1920 x 1080 (1080p)
- CPU; Core i5 8th Generation or equivalent
- RAM; 16 gigabytes
- Storage; 256 gigabytes SSD
- Display; Full High Definition
- Graphics; Integrated
- Suggested Requirements
- Resolution; 4K (3840 x 2160)
- CPU; AMD Ryzen 8-core Intel CPU or better
- RAM; 32GB
- Storage; 256GB SSD or 1TB SSD
- Display; 4K
- Graphics; Nvidia RTX or AMD Radeon Pro
WHAT TO CONSIDER IN THE BEST LAPTOPS FOR VIDEO EDITING IN 2023?
The best laptop for video editing must offer the most processing power. The following are important factors to consider when buying a laptop.
- CPU: Processor speed is the most critical factor. Video editing operations are CPU-intensive, and it gets worse after you continue to add filters & graphics to a task. 8-core CPUs are included in the best laptops for video editing in 2023.
- Random Access Memory: Don’t overlook the importance of RAM. For editing videos, 16 gigabytes are usually sufficient, however, more is indeed ideal. If cash gets tight, it’s worthwhile to invest it in the Processor than extra RAM.
- Graphics: The built-in GPUs in laptops can support video editing applications. Many premium laptops, on the other hand, offer dedicated Graphics for enhanced performance. Consider investing in the greatest Graphics you can purchase if you’re focusing on complex projects or demand a speedier workflow.
- Storage: The majority of experts think that keeping video files on portable drives is preferable to keep them on a laptop. It maintains files organized while also preventing your internal hard drive from becoming overburdened. Expansion is also simple with removable media. They can also be shared among partners. A 1 terabyte internal SSD will allow you to continue focusing on video projects.
- Display: Nowadays, all laptop displays have a resolution of at least full HD. 4K displays are available, and they’re useful for cramming all your application’s panels into a small space. However, the size of the display is more essential than its resolution. Because it’s not pleasant to edit on a little screen.
- The majority of the best laptops for video editing in 2023 have monitors that are 15 inches or bigger. The best offers 16 or 17 inches of the area and believe me you will distinguish the change. The contrast ratio is also crucial, particularly if you’re doing your color correction.
- Connectivity Ports: Ports are often ignored when choosing the best laptop for video editing. USB connections, HDMI outlets, and Micro SD slots expand the possibilities of your laptop in a variety of ways. External discs, displays, and USBs are plugged in easily. However, many laptop makers now only provide just a few USB-C ports. Another option to link to an external display is via HDMI.
- Battery: Video editing takes demands a lot of processing power. However, portability is half the point of buying a laptop, therefore a good battery will not hurt.
- Size: The laptops that are ideal for video editing will often be larger. They have larger screens, more storage, and, in most cases, extremely powerful hardware.
Related: Best Laptops for Video Editing Under $300
LIST OF BEST LAPTOPS FOR VIDEO EDITING IN 2023
- Lenovo Legion 5
- MSI GL65 Leopard
- Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming
- LG Gram 16Z90P
- Samsung Galaxy Book Pro
- HP Envy (2019)
- HP OMEN Laptop
- Apple MacBook Pro (2020)
- Acer Nitro 5
- Acer Predator Helios 300
Lenovo Legion 5
The Lenovo Legion 5 is the best laptop for video editing as it can accomplish video editing tasks as soon as possible. It also has an incredible 15.6-inch FHD display. The legion 5 has a display that has no lags, no visual motion blur, no bugs, superb color consistency sharpness, and minimal bezels. For video editing tasks, the Lenovo 5 is a powerhouse. This computer’s design is incredibly simplistic, and you will enjoy it. There were no bright colors, and the major signal was that the laptops were for video production.
It’s surprisingly not that bulky; it only weighs 2.3 kilograms, making it one of the best laptops for video editing. The Lenovo legion 5 includes a full-size, illuminated keyboard that allows for superb video editing. The camera is ideal for functioning, which is why it is included in the list of best laptops for video editing. When it comes to battery, this laptop seems to last for roughly five Hrs. which is excellent for a video editing device. All of these characteristics place it among the best laptops for video editing in 2023.
- Elegant design
- Adequate battery
- Might be lighter & slimmer
Related: Best Laptops for Video Editing under $500
MSI GL65 Leopard
The MSI GL65 Leopard takes experience to the extreme level with video editing capabilities that no other laptop can match. Carries a great deal of power in a compact device, especially with the Core i7 Intel processor & the GeForce GTX graphics card. With heavy productivity tasks and elevated-end video editing, the leopard includes a Built-in led steel class keyboard and a monitor. So, the HDMI, Ethernet, type A, and C ports are situated on the sides, they are not suitable.
The brilliant and beautiful visual anti-glare screen, as well as the technology that allows for picture quality, add to the video editing experience. When it concerns its 720-resolution camera, which provides a reasonable picture, it is on the list of best laptops for video editing in 2023. On the sound, a couple of expensive speakers produce high-quality sound.
- HD display
- Incorporated with multi giant speakers
- Get overheated
Related: Best Laptops For Video Editing Under $1000
Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming
The Lenovo Legion 5 gaming is the ideal platform for enjoying the latest high-end video editing software, as it was designed specifically for video editing productivity. A powerhouse AMD Ryzen central processing unit (CPU) and GeForce graphics, as well as 16 gigabytes of random-access memory & a 512-gigabyte solid-state drive, all housed inside the clean, simple design. The Legion AI system optimizes performance. For video editors, the 15.6 inches FHD In-Plane Switch screen displays enhanced 3D audio.
You’ll receive a combo of flash performance and prolonged battery with the newest generation Ryzen processor. The GeForce graphics cards provide a significant boost in graphical quality. Experience a screen with a rapid response time and vibrant colors. All of this puts this laptop ideal for filmmakers, videographers, and video editors. It is ranked as the best laptop for video editing for its varied performance.
- Reasonably priced
- Trendy design
- Abundant storage
Related: Best Laptops for Video Editing Under $900
LG Gram 16Z90P Laptop
The LG gram16Z90P, with a 16-inch In-Plane Switch screen as well as a battery life of 22 Hrs. offers convenience and demanding performance. The small frame is light & robust, while the Intel Core i7 11th Gen central processing unit, Iris Graphics, plus 16 gigabytes of Memory provide lightning-fast performance. The LG Gram features Thunderbolt 4 connections, which allow for speedier data transmission and a more fluid display. The battery life will vary depending on the amount of electricity used and the power control measures.
The LG Gram 16Z90P display is stunning; the color schemes are vibrant, the bezels are slim, and the camera is just 720p, but the picture quality is crisp. Because of its versatility, it is regarded as the best laptop for video editing. This laptop’s 11th CPU is highly capable.
- Good performance
- Prolonged battery
- Superb display
- No touchscreen
- Lacks performance upgrades
Samsung Galaxy Book Pro
The Samsung Galaxy Book Pro features an 11th Generation Intel Core CPU and Windows 11 Operating system. The Samsung Galaxy Book Pro is a laptop that weighs less than 2 Lbs. making it the ideal combination of portability and productivity. Wi-Fi 6 allows you to download large files quickly. Stream and edit videos on the go. Experience it all on a stunning, sophisticated Dynamic Amoled with Dolby audio innovation and 100 percent colour loudness.
There are numerous connectivity interfaces on the Samsung Galaxy Book Pro, including type C, High-Definition Multimedia Interface, Thunderbolt 4, an audio jack, a comprehensive USB connection, and a card slot. It’s a light laptop in aspects of quality and durability, weighing only 2.3 pounds. This laptop is featured in the list of best laptops for editing videos because of all of the above qualities.
- Abundant 3.0 ports
- Less weight
- Clear sound
- Powerful battery
- Build quality can be good
- Graphics are not as good
Related: Best Laptops for Video Editing under $700
HP Envy 2019
An actual performance engine for video editors that require consistent performance from a 10th gen central processor unit that supplies power without sacrificing efficiency. This HP Envy (2019) is far more than a computer; it’s a life improvement. It’s designed to boost your productivity and created for extra entertainment. NVIDIA GeForce graphics performance at its best. Superb audio & touchscreen capability encounter crystal clear screen. Premium aluminium and Gorilla glass panels make this item stand out. Backlighted physical keyboard with built-in number pad.
Superior to the rest, multi-task with convenience with its characteristics driven by windows 10 professionals, the HP envy (2019) is among the best laptops for video editors. Also, with a 1 TB solid-state drive on board, you’ll get even improved performance. This HP envy’s memory makes it ideal for productivity and executing numerous apps at the same time. Experience crystal-clear conversation with the broad vision camera and double digital microphones while remaining disconnected for 10 hours.
- Gorgeous light frame
- Performance inspiration
- Brilliant display
- Prolonged battery
- Powerful speakers
- Deficiency of Thunderbolt 3
HP OMEN Laptop
With the 15.6 HP OMEN laptop, you can enjoy brilliant video editing. The Ryzen 7 central processing unit and 8 gigabytes of memory boost video editing capabilities, whereas the GeForce graphics ensure a delay-free experience. The existing setting is well-balanced. The key length is excellent. It features a fantastic display with excellent colour consistency and sharpness. The OMEN is considered the best laptop for video editors.
This HP OMEN laptop integrates 512 gigabytes SSD for plenty of space and fast file access. The double speakers are rather decent; they do the task, but they aren’t particularly mot loud if you want a fantastic musical performance. The battery on this laptop is quite good, with an 8-hour working time. The battery standby will undoubtedly be diminished if you use heavy software programs.
- Smooth & stylish exterior
- Competent performance
- Versatile connectivity
- Average speaker productivity
- Average battery
- Boring webcam quality
Apple MacBook Pro (2020)
The Apple MacBook Pro (2020) features a 13.3-inch LED illuminated panel having In-Plane Switch technology, an 8-core central processor unit with four performance &efficiency cores, as well as an Apple SoC (System on Chip). The laptop weighs only 3 pounds, making it easier to move. It is the greatest laptop for video editing because it is really quick.
Simply using it on a routine basis makes it feel considerably faster. So, whether you’re just launching different apps and scrolling through them, the response is always insanely fast. As a result, this laptop is suitable for video editing during touring. All of your tasks may be completed on a portable Mac Pro. It’s really quiet while producing video and it runs brilliantly. It has a fantastic battery.
- Quick performance
- Prolonged battery
- Small display
Acer Nitro 5 Video editing Laptop
The Acer Nitro 5 is one of the best laptops for video processing, and it’s aimed at film editors searching for the best value. This entry is solely about video editing software. To begin, we have a fantastic 15.6′′ FHD In-Plane Switch panel with the maximum luminance, which allows you to enjoy videos, and video editing chores with this Acer Nitro 5.
Because it is so smooth & animations are seamless, the Acer Nitro 5 dramatically enhances the video editing expertise. For video editors, the camera range is ideal. When it comes to performance, it features an Intel Quad Core Central Processing Unit from the prior generation with the highest frequency.
- Prolonged battery
- Decent build
- FHD IPS display
- Fast SSD
- Dark screen
- Middling performance
- Single color backlight keyboard
Acer Predator Helios 300
The Acer Predator Helios 300 features a 9th Gen Intel Core featuring Turbo Boost expertise Full High-Definition widescreen IPS screen, GeForce GTX, 16 GB Storage, 512 gigabytes, the Enhanced capacity sound engine, DisplayPort 2. 0 Port, Backlit Keyboard, 6-hs Battery, and weighs 5.92 pounds. When it comes to battery, it’s also excellent.
The Acer Predator Helios 300 is also the best-rated laptop for video editing due to its silent cooling system, which prevents your laptop from overheating while you’re editing videos. The data storage is also adequate, which is ideal for a video editor’s laptop. The port variety is also excellent; it virtually has every type of port, which is crucial for video editors.
- Cooling system
- Built-in features
- Good port collection
- Sharp chassis angles