Laptops are a big part of our lives. We use them to work, study and play. But with all that use, they can get pretty dirty. In this article, we’re going to teach you how to clean your laptop screen the right way – and the wrong way!
How to Clean Your Laptop Screen the Right Way
There are a few things you need before you start cleaning your laptop screen:
- Eyeglasses cleaning cloth – This can usually be found at any pharmacy or grocery store.
- A microfiber cloth – You can find these at most hardware stores.
- Glass cleaner – Any glass cleaner will do, but we recommend something ammonia-free like Windex.
- Water – You’ll need this to wet your clothes. Soak your eyeglass cleaning cloth in a small bowl of water. You can also use a spray bottle of water, but we don’t recommend it. It’s easy to accidentally spray too much water on your screen and damage it.
Also Read: Laptop Screen Vs Monitor For Eyes
Do’s and Don’ts:
- Turn off and unplug your laptop.
- Use a soft, lint-free cloth. Gently wipe the screen in a circular motion.
- Avoid cleaning solutions unless they’re specifically made for screens.
- Apply cleaner to the cloth, not the screen.
- Wipe in one direction only
- Buff the screen with a clean and dry cloth.
- Repeat as necessary.
- Don’t use paper towels or some other rough materials. They can damage the screen.
- Don’t spray cleaner directly on the screen. It could run inside the laptop and damage the internals.
- Don’t use Windex or similar glass cleaners. They’re too harsh for screens.
- Don’t use alcohol-based solutions. They can damage the screen coating.
- Don’t use abrasive pads. They can scratch the screen.
Also Read: How to Remove Marker Ink from Laptop Screen?
How often should I clean my laptop screen?
It’s a good idea to clean your screen weekly. If you use your laptop daily, you may need to clean it more often.
What is the best way to clean my laptop screen?
The best way to clean your laptop screen is to use a soft, lint-free cloth and avoid cleaning solutions unless they’re specifically made for screens.
How can I prevent my screen from getting dirty?
You can prevent your screen from getting dirty by using a computer privacy filter or screen protector.