There are a few ways you can laptop update off. One is to disable the Windows Update service, which will stop your computer from automatically downloading and installing updates. However, this also means you’ll have to remember to periodically check for updates and install them manually.
How to Laptop Update Off – Ultimate Guide Step By Step
- Open the Control Panel.
- In the search box, type “services” and press Enter.
- Scroll down and select Windows Update.
- Double-click on Windows Update and in the Startup type drop-down menu, select Disabled.
- Click OK and close the Control Panel.
- Restart your laptop for the changes to take effect.
- Next, open Windows Update by clicking the Start button and typing “Windows update,” then pressing Enter.
- Click Check for updates in the left pane of the window that opens and wait while your computer looks for them.
- If any updates are found, you can select them and click Install updates.
- If you’re prompted for administrator permission, click Yes.
- Once the updates are installed, restart your computer again.
How to Laptop Update Off – Ultimate Guide is complete! As mentioned earlier, one way to laptop update off is to disable the Windows Update service. This method will stop your computer from automatically downloading and installing updates, but it also means you’ll have to remember to periodically check for new updates and install them manually.