LG has announced their first gaming laptop – the LG UltraGear. In this article, I will talk about the core features of the UltraGear, why it is important to have a f-key row on your keyboard and what it means for gaming.
The LG UltraGear is one of the first gaming laptops that comes with a 300Hz display (named “Super Smooth Display” by LG), which is something that has been only available on high-end monitors. Considering how important it is to have a high refresh rate monitor if you want to get more fluid gameplay.
LG UltraGear (17G90QTM) Specifications:
- Screen: IPS 17.3 inches, FHD, 1ms, aspect ratio 16:9, refresh rate 300Hz
- Processor: 11th Generation Intel Tiger Lake H Processor
- RAM: 16 GB / 32 GB DDR4 RAM
- Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Max-Q
- Hard: M.2 SSD, up to 1TB
- Webcam: HD with stereo microphone
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 6E, Intel Killer Wireless
- Accessories: RGB backlit keyboard, two-way speaker (2.0W x 4) with DTS X Ultra, fingerprint reader on power button
- Battery: 93 watts
- Measurement: Dimensions 400 x 271.6 x 20.9 – 21.4 mm
- Weight: 2.64 kg
When will the LG gaming Laptop be Available for Purchase?
LG has announced that they will be releasing a gaming laptop first Quarter of this year 2022, only for United States and South Korea Region. It is rumored to have a 17.3” 1080p display and a 11th Generation Intel Tiger Lake H Processor .
What Would be the Price? Will the battery life be good enough? Will it run games well enough at full resolution? LG will have to work hard to distinguish their gaming laptop from the dozens of other options already out on the market.